Feeding shrimp & bottom feeders

Monkeypoint

I've been feeding my snails (Mystery, Nerite), shrimp, and plecos Repashy gel but I'm unsure about how much and how often to feed them. I cut the gel into app. 1/4" cubes and drop two of them in the tank. Within a few hours, the cubes are gone. This is my first time owning shrimp. Do I feed them gels every day? I also have a high quality micro pellet fish food and shrimp food. I'm just not sure how much food is too much. The tank is heavily planted and so far, nitrates have stayed below 40.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks, as always!

In most of my tanks I feed shrimp/ snail focused food (mini algae wafers, crab cuisine, shrimp cuisine, xtreme shrimpee pelets) in the morning and feed a more generic bottom feeder food (hikari bottom feeder/carnivore wafers, bug bites) in the evening. Currently in my shrimp tank I'm having a bladder snail outbreak, so I've cut back shrimp food to twice per week, and let them eat leftover fish food (hikari micro pellets, aco fry food, xtreme nano pelets) the other days. 

On 2/4/2023 at 4:52 PM, Monkeypoint said:

This is my first time owning shrimp. Do I feed them gels every day?

Let me try to find you a few resources, but generally speaking... no you don't feed them every day.

How new is the tank?  You can also feed repashy in this fashion without turning into gel if the tank in question doesn't have a ton of biofilm growth.

I know it's a lot, but check those all out.  Please feel free to ask any questions.

On 2/4/2023 at 8:41 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Let me try to find you a few resources, but generally speaking... no you don't feed them every day.

How new is the tank?  You can also feed repashy in this fashion without turning into gel if the tank in question doesn't have a ton of biofilm growth.

I know it's a lot, but check those all out.  Please feel free to ask any questions.

This is great - just what I was hoping for. I’m going to watch all of them. Thank you so much! 

The tank is pretty new - about a month. 

• Love 1