Any DIY C02 users out there? How has your experience been?

Many of you might know my continued struggle to jungalalize my tank. I know C02 can boost plant growth, but i dont need it so much for a canister, ive heard about doing it DIY though, and its got me curious. Ive heard it often doesnt last too long, but i dont need it for so long, just long enough to get my plants bigger, faster.  Does anyone here use DIY C02? how is it working for you?

On 2/3/2023 at 3:17 PM, JJenna said:

I don't use CO2, but I've been starting to read about them. Buce plants sells a DIY one that lasts for 50-60 days. I've been tempted to get it because you should definitely see growth during that time period.  $22 +S/H

https://buceplant.com/products/aquario-neo-co2-diy-co2-kit?variant=31917594935377

ill definetly check it out. I was more refering to a yeast, sugar reaction, but this might work fine.

I've used DYI co2 and successfully grew hairgrass with a stingray in my 10g. It was a fun little experiment but using DYI co2 didn't last long. I did the 2 litter sugar and yeast regime which lasted about a month at a time. Over time it became a sticky messy hassle. Fast foward to today I am doing a bigboy co2 setup, but I find myself in the same place. It is a hassle, just another thing to take care of.

Edited by JoeQ
Remove spaces

I'm happy with my current setup. I had to fiddle with it a bit, namely clean the needle valve. I'm using this citric acid/baking soda kit, diffuser, and solenoid. My current refill is going on three weeks, I'm hoping for four. 

I've also used a yeast, sugar, and gelatin system but prefer the citric acid/baking soda method. That Aquario Neo kit is a yeast, sugar, gelatin system you just buy their premixed refills.