Kribensis attacking

TheMilkman

On 2/3/2023 at 12:34 PM, TheMilkman said:

So i have a male and female kribensis moliwe in my tank and the male will not stop attacking the female. Every time he sees her he chases her away from his cave until she hides as well as not letting her eat. Is this normal krib behavior or no? 

They will fight until they pair up (if they pair up). This seems normal. Are they both mature ? It is best to have them in a large aquarium until they pair; once they pair things will be much more mellow between them but as for other fishes in the aquarium - avoid anything that stays near the bottom for best luck 😉 

Edited by anewbie
  • Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 6:15 PM, anewbie said:

They will fight until they pair up (if they pair up). This seems normal. Are they both mature ? It is best to have them in a large aquarium until they pair; once they pair things will be much more mellow between them but as for other fishes in the aquarium - avoid anything that stays near the bottom for best luck 😉 

Yes they are both mature and i currently have them in a 55

On 2/4/2023 at 7:22 PM, TheMilkman said:

Yes they are both mature and i currently have them in a 55

It will probably take them a few weeks to decide if they are compatible. Mine took 3 weeks of fighting before they decided to pair up. I had them i a 40; but once they paired up they were rock solid and worked well together to raise their kids.

• Like 1