I am looking for some stocking advice. I have a 90B (3 foot bookshelf tank-  36 inches by 8 x 10 - 12 gallons) that is set up with wood from ADG in Houston, La Plata Sand, dragon stone, a dwarf aquarium lily that has yet to sprout and lots of different Anubias (petite and golden from the coop and some rarer varieties like paxing that I picked up on aqua bid and such). It has lots of filtration (Fluval 307 with 4 pounds of Biohome Ultimate in it). I am adding a pair of Apistogramma macmasteri. I am thinking I would like to add 5-6 Honey Gourami instead of a schooling fish. My question is, can I get away with adding 5-6 panda cories as well? Any other suggestions for stocking would be welcomed. Pic is taken before adding any fish (other than some Clithon corona snails)... ignore the HOB filter, I just have that running with mature media to get the 307 seasoned. I promise the tank will look better soon once the Anubias anchors itself and I can remove the Wood Tight that is securing it to the wood.

unnamed.jpg.3bb77d16a929d74736024251b02c5ece.jpg

Edited by IanB
Adding tags

I think that would be a really cool set up for small gobies.

Edit: D'oh, my bad for not completely reading that you already have stocking plans.

A pair of apistos, 5-6 honey gouramis, and 5-6 panda cories miiiiiight be pushing it with only 12 gallons of dilution.

Edited by varanidguy

Gobies would be great! I am just worried about them in a rimless setup. I've been told they are real escape artists...

I think I might be ok on dilution given the amount of Biohome that I've got going. In the past I have been able to get a complete cycle (eliminating/dramatically reducing nitrates through anaerobic bacteria) using it, though that cycle does often take a long time to get going. I am definitely worried about space on the bottom though between the Apistos and cories. Maybe I am better off with just the Apistos and gouramis for both dilution/filtration and space perspectives...

5 minutes ago, IanB said:

Gobies would be great! I am just worried about them in a rimless setup. I've been told they are real escape artists...

I think I might be ok on dilution given the amount of Biohome that I've got going. In the past I have been able to get a complete cycle (eliminating/dramatically reducing nitrates through anaerobic bacteria) using it, though that cycle does often take a long time to get going. I am definitely worried about space on the bottom though between the Apistos and cories. Maybe I am better off with just the Apistos and gouramis for both dilution/filtration and space perspectives...

Definitely could be. I can tell you that I have cacatuoides with pygmy cories without issues. No expensive snacks lol

Also, I am using some Biohome Ultimate as well. Great stuff! But I dose/want nitrates in the tank it's on, so can't speak to the full cycle capabilities/claims. But you can definitely tell it's extremely high quality media.

• Like 1