Floating plants for guppies

As mentioned above, endlers typically don't predate on fry.   With guppies it depends on the variety.  Some, like my dumbo mosaics, don't seem to bother them at all.

Others, like the albino koi's I had for a while, are relentless fry hunters.  I had three females with one male for a good while, and they'd look pregnant, and then not so much, so they were obviously having fry, but I only ever saw one, and I only saw it once.  The man who owns the LFS where I got them warned me that would happen, but I had to try anyway.

I've always heard that "With some people you can tell them, but others you have to show."  I guess we know which group I belong to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2023 at 12:22 PM, SandBkeeper said:

Depends on how dense it is. Endlers tend not to eat their fry as much as guppies, but I would recommend water lettuce or frogbit for more cover, as well as plants like java moss, subwassertang, and guppy grass. 

Yeah I think I’ll pick up some of those to maximize success, one thing I like to do is buy tropica 1-2 grow cups for floating plants because then they are super healthy and you get absolutely zero duckweed.