Potassium Deficiency

NanotankBank

Does anyone know if API leaf Zone will actually help with a potassium deficiency? Recently my 29gal community heavily planted tank started having these issues all over and I want to dose it with api leaf zone I had left over. But it’s been about a week and I’m not seeing much difference. Partially due to my impatience, but I also don’t want to waste too much time. So if anyone has had experience with it, let me know!

On 2/2/2023 at 8:00 PM, NanotankBank said:

But it’s been about a week and I’m not seeing much difference

I would worry about this part if the plants you are talking about are fast growers. Slow growers will show the signs even after a couple weeks sometimes. I would check the new growth on every plant. Fertilizing especially for lack of nutritions won't show themselves directly. It is a bit like lighting. You gotta try and wait for some time to see in what way it works and whether it was enough/too much.

If your plants are the ones that are heavy root feeders, you better give them root tabs besides fertilizing the water column. And if you have water column feeders like java fern which likes potassium a lot, then you may decide to dose a lil bit potassium in addition to your normal fertilizer. As long as you can't specifically test the water for that, you can't see what your readings are coming from exactly. I personally dose equilibrium as my water has super low gh lately, so I know in what way I'm boosting it. But when it is a tap water, maybe you have x amount of someting that makes you read hardness, but maybe you have no potassium at all.