Rummynose Tetra or Silvertip Tetra??

FrozenFins

Hey,

I am looking for a schooling fish for my 36 gallon, I really like the rummy nose tetra along with the silver tip tetras.

If I get the silvertip tetra I could get more of them because of their size but will my angelfish eat them??

Where as if i get the rummynose tetra I get less of them but then maybe I could get a blood parrot in the future due to the blood parrot not eating the rummynose??

Which fish would you get 

8 - Rummynose

12 - Silvertips 

???

I think it really depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I think the rummy nose look nicer in aquascaped/heavily planted setups where their schooling and red nose really stands out. If it is a more fish-focused tank, though, I think the silvertips have more engaging behavior and are more... interactive? It is rare that you get a tetra/small fish that will engage with you.

18 minutes ago, IanB said:

I think it really depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I think the rummy nose look nicer in aquascaped/heavily planted setups where their schooling and red nose really stands out. If it is a more fish-focused tank, though, I think the silvertips have more engaging behavior and are more... interactive? It is rare that you get a tetra/small fish that will engage with you.

Okay thanks! My aquarium has some live plants just to give the aqua scape more of a natrual look. But its defentley not what I would consider a planted aqua scape and the auarium will be more fish focused for sure! Do you think a electric blue acara or a blood parrot would eat the silver tips??