Hello from northern Minnesota

Sherry

I live in the north central Minnesota, 40+ miles from the closest fish/pet store.

I kept fish many years ago with varying degrees of success… goldfish and later platys in an attempt at a planted tank. Unfortunately I brought Ich in which killed all my platys and I gave up.

My granddaughters want a Betta and I started to get interested in keeping an aquarium again. I searched YouTube for info and found Prime Time Aquatics which led me to Aquarium Co-op.

• Like 1

Welcome back to the hobby @Sherry! Do LOTS of research on Betta! They are more difficult and delicate fish than the hobby would like people to believe. You might look into the wild type betta which you won't find in a box store but some can be housed with more than one and others are just heartier than overbred fancy Betta. There are lots of Betta keepers here to help and you might want to look at my thread "Colossal Idiot" for more on care and illness there is a link to it on my profile "about me" page. Just so you know what you're getting into with store bought Betta! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 10:32 AM, Sherry said:

I live in the north central Minnesota

Welcome!  I'm down in the Cities, but the local club (Minnesota Aquarium Society) has nearly 400 members from all over the state (and across the country as well as beyond).  If you are looking to connect with local, or local-ish folks in your case, feel free to join our meetings.  You don't need to be a member to attend the online meetings, and we have one on guppies tomorrow at 7pm.  Good to see you here! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2023 at 7:47 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

Welcome!  I'm down in the Cities, but the local club (Minnesota Aquarium Society) has nearly 400 members from all over the state (and across the country as well as beyond).  If you are looking to connect with local, or local-ish folks in your case, feel free to join our meetings.  You don't need to be a member to attend the online meetings, and we have one on guppies tomorrow at 7pm.  Good to see you here! 

Thank you so much. I attended the Zoom meeting and really enjoyed it. I also joined MAS.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 6:18 AM, Sherry said:

I attended the Zoom meeting and really enjoyed it. I also joined MAS.

Oh, wonderful!  I'm so glad that you enjoyed the meeting, and felt enough of a connection to join the club.  It's really a bunch of very good folks.  And now one more!  😃  Welcome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1