Best Shelving Unit for Fish Tanks?

Teabone3

I have been on the hunt for over a year for the best and affordable shelving unit for fish tanks.

I've seen those wired ones people keep saying are great... but there are people with videos on Youtube having them bend and rust.

I also seen those metal ones that just sit together with a non-water-proof small wooden boards on each shelf.

Curious what people have found out there that can last years without bending or give you peace of mind to not coming home to a broken shelf with tanks leaking everywhere. My worst fear.

A couple years back I bought a rack (maybe Husky brand?) from SAMs Club that stated each level could hold 2,500 lbs, with the whole rack being rated for 10,000 lbs. 

I have a 55 gallon on the top level 😬with a 20 high. 20 long and a 29 on the mid level. (3) 10 gallon quarantine/grow out tanks plus my buckets and Python on the bottom. 

I think it cost me $120 or $150 and has been worth every penny for me. No issues whatsoever about 2.5 years later. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys. So I decided to purpose a HUSKY 4-shelf steel storage rock that was on sale. Its 39 inches wide by 18.5 inches deep and 72 inches tall.

I was really scared putting it together not sure how things would hold up on a thing that relies mostly on wires. So I do plan to get some plank cut wood for each shelf to help keep things even. I've not yet put any tanks on it with water in them. But what I do like and not sure if this is a good idea??? -- I found out that I could put four 5 Gallon tanks on each shelf and it would fit perfectly on each shelf for this. I'm wondering if that is a good idea if anyone has any type of shelf like this?

I plan to have possibly 3 of the 4 shelves have four 5 gallon tanks on each of the 3 shelves, leaving the top shelf empty. That would be a total of 8 tanks.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/husky-39-inch-w-x-72-inch-h-x-18-5-inch-d-metal-steel-4-shelf-customizable-shelving-unit-in-black/1001115437

Edited by Teabone3