Root Tabs - is there a 'best' one?

Now that I'm getting close to receiving my tank, I've been dialing in my expectations between dosing a liquid fert, root tabs, or both. I think there is validity to both, especially as things establish, but long-term I'm wondering if root tabs will be the preferred path (the tank will be mostly crypts, rotala, vals, and maybe swords (which I know will need root tabs).

Then on the topic of root tab, is there a "best" one? I always heard of API or Seachem. I've also seen responses of Nilocg Thrive root tabs being good. Anyone swayed one way or another?

I don't think there is a 'best' brand persea,  just diffrent. I myself like the Seachem tabs because they are long lasting but take longer to break down.  I also like and use coop tabs because IMO they dispersed faster but lasts for only a month or so.

Edited by JoeQ

I tested the Seachem , Api,Aquarium Co op root tabs and even tested and made the Dyi ones and i have went back and use the Aquarium Co Op root tabs they work better  with the Easy Green  liquid fertilizer that i use along with the Easy Green Iron ,, i use both tabs and liquid with my sand  i mostly  add  the tabs every two months works best  i really love using the The EasyGreen liquid have used the same bottle for a year on my 2 tanks  one 50 gallon  and one 20 gallon 

Edited by Bev C

Depends on what works for you and your setup. I suggest buying the smaller size to try them out.

I do like the seachem flourish tabs because they take a while to breakdown but I do have the aquarium coop root tabs in my cart. I'm was gonna try them out for a different setup and see how they do.

I've also used thrive caps (old and new version), API root tabs, DIY osmocote and they all worked fine. 

I’ve used ACO tabs and Flourish. Hands down the ACO tabs. Yes, one does have to  put them about once a month, but it take 5 minutes during your aquarium maintenance to do so. They aren’t ammonium based and work quickly. Plants thrive on them.