Betta Fry At The Big Box Pet Store

FLFishChik

So this morning, I ran into my local BBPS to grab some Seachem Stability and Frozen BW and BBS. As always, I stop by the Betta rack to look because it’s at the front of the store and I can’t get to the aquarium section without passing it. I was shocked to see teeny tiny Betta Fry on display for sale. I’m talking no bigger than a grain of rice and no coloration yet! There were 4 in total and had I a few tanks already set up, I would have scooped them up and brought them home to raise. Kinda don’t know how I feel about having fry that can’t be more than a couple weeks old on display. I just hope they go to homes that know how to raise them up and take care of them 

Edited by FLFishChik

Poor babies. My big box sometimes has baby betta. They aren't that tiny, but maybe 3". They are just labeled as baby girl and baby boy. I bought one and he was almost fully white. Now he is almost fully red and a lot of blue. I am not super experienced with betta fish,  but figured I may be his best hope because of this group and I  know where to go on YouTube to do right by him. His name is Hutchen because he had markings that made him look like a salmon- not anymore though, lol! Fortunately he is doing great. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 3:34 PM, smm333 said:

Poor babies. My big box sometimes has baby betta. They aren't that tiny, but maybe 3". They are just labeled as baby girl and baby boy. I bought one and he was almost fully white. Now he is almost fully red and a lot of blue. I am not super experienced with betta fish,  but figured I may be his best hope because of this group and I  know where to go on YouTube to do right by him. His name is Hutchen because he had markings that made him look like a salmon- not anymore though, lol! Fortunately he is doing great. 

YeH, I’ve seen “baby girl” and “baby boy” Betta in this store before but never as tiny and obviously newborn as these. 

• Sad 1