Berried red rili

smm333

Congrats! Berried shrimps are always exciting.

If it's your first berried shrimp just know that the baby's are really, really small.
So it may take a while after they got born before you actually see them in the tank.

Don't be sad if the shrimp has no eggs anymore but you don't see any baby's. They will show up later.
Just be sure you are very carefull if you do any water change. (I mostly skip it a week if i know eggs just hatched).

Keep us updated!

• Thanks 2

On 1/26/2023 at 1:50 AM, Remi de Groot said:

If it's your first berried shrimp just know that the baby's are really, really small.
So it may take a while after they got born before you actually see them in the tank.

Don't be sad if the shrimp has no eggs anymore but you don't see any baby's. They will show up later.
Just be sure you are very carefull if you do any water change. (I mostly skip it a week if i know eggs just hatched).

Keep us updated!

Good to know! This is my first time with babies. Ny 1st shrimp tank in fact! Hoping for a good experience! I've been scared to do any water changes, but maybe I should do that this weekend so everything is in good shape for when the babies appear!

On 1/26/2023 at 3:50 AM, Remi de Groot said:

Keep us updated!

. . . especially if there are fish in the tank.  I frequently see shrimp so small that I have to look closely to make sure they really are shrimp in my shirmp-only tanks.  In tanks with fish I don't see them until they're at least half grown.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 7:52 AM, JettsPapa said:

. . . especially if there are fish in the tank.  I frequently see shrimp so small that I have to look closely to make sure they really are shrimp in my shirmp-only tanks.  In tanks with fish I don't see them until they're at least half grown.

Shrimp only tank! I'm trying to be as successful as possible with them!

• Like 1