Med trio for Shrimp?

Trailblazur

Maracyn is DEFINITELY fine and recommended by Flip Aquatics.  They do recommend not following the directions on the box however.  I would opt towards their methods and their proven techniques for shrimp only, in a "fancy shrimp tank".

I have use the med trio many times with my amano shrimp without any issues, normal dosing per the directions and with the soak for 7 days (ACO method) without any issues.

Let me try to grab the flip aquatics video for you and try to get you those details. (only references maracyn, I'd email if you want to ask about any of the others).  Salt just follow the normal ACO directions (Level 3 or level 2 should be sufficient).  Ich-X is the only real one to clarify, again, I'd try to research into that more directly.

It should start at the bacterial meds part.

On 1/22/2023 at 6:49 PM, Trailblazur said:

Also, what’s a minimum hardness level for them? My water is soft as a baby’s bottom!!!

You'd want to look into Caradina shrimp or dosing your water to match the parameters you need.

• Thanks 1

On 1/23/2023 at 12:00 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

Maracyn is DEFINITELY fine and recommended by Flip Aquatics.  They do recommend not following the directions on the box however.  I would opt towards their methods and their proven techniques for shrimp only, in a "fancy shrimp tank".

I have use the med trio many times with my amano shrimp without any issues, normal dosing per the directions and with the soak for 7 days (ACO method) without any issues.

Let me try to grab the flip aquatics video for you and try to get you those details. (only references maracyn, I'd email if you want to ask about any of the others).  Salt just follow the normal ACO directions (Level 3 or level 2 should be sufficient).  Ich-X is the only real one to clarify, again, I'd try to research into that more directly.

It should start at the bacterial meds part.

Thanks so much!!!

• Like 1