Anyone know what’s going on with my Yellow Lab cichlid?

Matthew does stuff

I was recently feeding one of my yellow labs and I noticed when it got scared from me moving it darted and dropped what looks like eggs. It looks like gravel but it’s not and sunk kinda slowly any ideas? I don’t think it’s eggs because I currently have I amuse him separated because of aggression with a barrier in the tank.

F24509E7-393C-4B12-B999-5B14EE482BE0.jpeg

E97DA512-D2E6-4096-B670-27B44092DAE8.jpeg

I wouldn’t be mad about if their were fry I have only 2 in my 55 with a divider because fully grown yellow labs run $30 each and I don’t want to get rid of these 2 adults because I had them for 3 years and I’ve became attached to them but If I find small ones I’ll definitely buy them.

Edited by Matthew does stuff

How long is awhile and what kind of divider?  Is it possible it's holding unfertilized eggs for some extended period of time?  I do not recall all the intricacies of yellow lab breeding as it's been about 20 years since I kept any and I only ever accidentally bred them.  

They have had a egg crate divider in for a year and and half. I had to move them out of it because my old 55 was leaking and had to put one in a 10 and one on a 27 gal tote for like a Week until I bought a new tank. like 3 months ago but they have been in a divided 55 for like a year and a half besides that move. Also it didn’t seem to holding the eggs. Has been eating every day and looks normal.

Edited by Matthew does stuff