Green water & discoloration on neon tetra

Jennifer72

Help!!! Ive been battling the green water for a week. Did a 50% water change & then 48hr blackout, then another 50% water change. Water was not green after, but it was very hazy. Thats when i noticed my neon that had the discolored place on his side. I dosed maracyn yesterday & today, and my water is right back to pea soup green. I use easy green & liquid co2 from co-op. I put root tabs in also since i have a sand substrate. Im trying to get my plants to grow. Its just been problem after problem with this tank. I cant win with it. My parameters today are nitrate 20 ppm, nitrite 0, gh is >300, kh 40ppm, ph 6.4, chlorine 0, amonia 0. I have a 29 gallon, and a 10 gallon also… never had any issues with. This 55 gallon has me really discouraged & ready to give up 😔

D24DC47A-7F18-48BF-A4B8-B099FCF38C8F.jpeg

E03F6FA3-C22E-4DCA-A1D2-08D0727C65F4.jpeg

I forgot to add, my water temp stays at 78, and i have a large co-op sponge filter, and a aqua clear 70 hob. I dont have special lighting yet. I have only turned lights on for 4 hrs yesterday & today. I also had put a purigen pack in before i did the blackout, and then i took it out when i started the maracyn for my neon. 

Yes…. And it is still there after two doses of maracyn. It doesnt act any different. Still swimming around, good appetite. Im just trying my hardest to get this tank tip top bc i have 4 angelfish babies i wanted to go in there…. I just am having no luck.

I would quarantine it if you can if your seeing no improvement after a full course of maracyn I would do a course of kanaplex it's a more broad spectrum antibiotic  if more fish develope these patch's I would start treating with a combination of kanaplex and jungal fungus clear fizz tabs containing nitrofurazone following this treatment plan straight away you could add a UV steriliser help get rid of your green water @Jennifer72

IMG_20230115_235240.jpg