Who are your “shy guys” fish?

Fish Folk

Here are the best photos I could get of my starlight pleco "phantom" 20230119_192319.jpg.f05f7c3c4c5cc3de14a65698998beb4b.jpg

20230119_192804.jpg.8c625b9a64383bc4050fe7d7abdc7b62.jpg

The shyest fish I've ever had were my pearl gourami when I first got them. They would disappear into the void the nanosecond I walked into the room

I also forgot to mention my freshwater pom pom crabs. I got 5 of them, and have only ever seen one, one time after the first week. I'm not sure if they are coming out at night, hiding amazingly, escaped the tank or deceased. 

• Like 2

On 1/19/2023 at 9:44 AM, Sora said:

I have 5 kuhlis. love them lots but they're very small so sometimes you cant see any in my 20 gal. 😁

On 1/19/2023 at 7:59 PM, Jurrian Hering said:

Khuli loaches. Can put 100 in a 5 gal and it would look empty ha! 

There's nothing wrong with a shy fish! But if you want to see them more often, I had a lot of luck with super overgrown dwarf chain sword.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Has to be my Otto's bought 5 occasionally see one, the thing is I sometimes see one that is to small to be from the batch I bought. 

My apisto has disappeared but that seems to be related to me adding about 30 young cherry shrimp to the community tank from a cull. She seems less interested in feeding time now.

• Like 1

Clown plecos, by far.  But I’m not sure if I still have Kuhli loaches as I haven’t seen them in a while.  My gold nugget pleco has also become very shy and I’m not sure why when s/he used to be bold as brass.  I know s/he is still in there and appears healthy.  Just got very shy compared to before when s/he was out and about all the time.

First pic is by far my best photo of my first clown pleco.  It only took me about 2 years to get a pic of him that you can easily identify as actually being a fish.  Second pic is my next to best photo of him.

D19D0416-955D-412B-BB3F-1387EE7E0ADA.jpeg

0E84EDEA-57BA-4692-9D30-7701A666DA5C.jpeg

• Like 1