When to pull apisto fry

Nate s

I have 10 day old fry in a 29 with the parents (no other fish). I have been feeding instant baby brine and just set up a bbs hatchery for live foods. A few questions. 

1. At what age should I pull them and grow them out in an established 10g for just the 15 or so fry I have. 

2. If I feed them 2-3 times a day what should my water change schedule be in the 10?(There are some floating plants, a few stem plants and a crypt)

3. If I don’t pull them, will the parents eat them if they decide to spawn again? I just don’t want to lose this batch. If they are okay with the parents I don’t mind if they eat the next spawn (as I have read they can). 

thanks for any input. Noob to breeding anything purposely that isn’t a livebearer. 

They are not showing breeding behavior. Would they be okay for another week or so? And with the 10 gallon, if I can keep the temp within .5 degrees from the original tank would they be fine to be dropped right in or do I need to put them in a container and float them. The thought of moving them stresses me out a bit bc I really don’t want to lose them 

From my experience you should pull them, I’ve lost many eggs/fry from waiting to long. But that’s your call. If you think you can tell when they are going to spawn again then wait. The fry should be fine being moved to a tank of the same temp, and water. 

Edited by FrostiesFishes
  • Like 1