Celestial Pearl Danio price

Up North

@Xr4tiCrewThey are tiny. Not sure how well the picture will show size but I will say they make my neon tetras look huge.  Some have some orange/ red on the fins.  I have all 10 in a 5 gallon aquarium, once they grow I will more some to another tank but at their current size I feel good about having 10 in a 5 gallon.  

20230122_195202.jpg

20230122_200307.jpg

20230122_200307.jpg

Edited by Up North
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Aqua Huna ships them young. Make sure you give them a low-stress, well-fed, clean environment to grow and develop in!

Last time I bought a batch at my LFS I paid $45 for six of them, or $7.50 per. I think they had them listed at $8 per. From my understanding, they are relatively easy to breed and raise, the main issue is volumes. These aren’t fish that are popping out a few hundred eggs a day. Hm, seeing these prices maybe I need to invest in breeding these bad boys…

• Like 1

They definitely do ship them small, good thing one of my favorite parts of keeping fish is watching them grow.   I will do an update after about a month so people will have a better idea of size after quarantine pierod.  I know size is a concern when adding to an aquarium with full grown fish.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My CPDs already started breeding.   After doing a 50% water change I noticed 4 tiny fry in my aquarium.   Don't want to think about how many ended up in the house plants from the water change.  I got them just over a month ago from aquahuna and they came in so small I never imagined they would be of maturity to breed.  I wish I hade the time to tend to the fry, I will just have to let nature do its thing.  

• Love 1