Velvet on clown pleco?

Vod

Hello, one of my two clown plecos went missing for a few days, and when I finally found him, I noticed this gold dust look to his face and a bit on the fins. I don't know if it's normal, as it's the first time I have shined a flash light on the fish, and I can't really see the other clown pleco I have, because he is always in the cave he dug under some driftwood. I didn't see any dust looking stuff on the body. None of my other fish, show any signs of an illness. Have zebra danios, bluefin danios, and neon tetras in the tank.

I've had him since August, and the latest thing I added was some red cherry shrimp back in November. Water parameters are good as well. At first, I thought maybe it was velvet, but another post I read somewhere had a picture similar to what I see and they said it was normal, but I can't really find any other sources to corroborate that with.

I am having difficulty getting better pictures, as my camera doesn't want to focus properly, and I don't want to blind my fish with a bright light any more than I have to.

20230112_205049[1].jpg

20230112_205137[1].jpg

The second pic is blurry, but you can still make out the gold bits. It almost looks like glitter.

Edited by Vod
Reloading pics

I re uploaded the pictures.

Also, I don't know for sure if he is eating, since the shrimp in the tank eat a lot of the wafers I put in there for the plecos.

I can try to take better pics if these two aren't good enough.

Edited by Vod

If it were velvet most effective treatment is copper based that would kill your shrimp the best option in that case would be to remove the fish  and treat in quarantine with Fritz copper safe you would also need a copper test kit to test the levels of copper l would get holed of them just in case you do need to treat @Vod

Edited by Colu