Hello from the Emerald Coast

Shadow

Hi there!

My name is Shadow, I am a long time aquarium hobbyist and soon to be starting my own breeding room. Got more into the hobby a year or so ago and finally moving into my new home with more room than now. I lived in New Orleans for a long time and now live in Gulf Shores, Alabama in beautiful Ft Morgan. Besides having miles of beach line, we have some of the best driftwood there is. I have been selling to hobbyists locally and online for a while. Always beauty in nature to bring inside and preserve for years to come. Anyways, will share my journey with the fish room as I go. Dean and Cory, amongst others, are a real inspiration of doing what you love and making a life around it. 

Cheers and Happy New Year to everyone! Thanks for having me! 

• Like 2

Welcome aboard! IT would be fun to see photos of driftwood where you're at. There's a guy who collects for part of the year where they live, and tours around LFS for another part of the year selling to stores for aqua scaping. He brings around slate pieces with pre-drilled holes too so that wood can be screwed to a stone, and held down pretty early on.

• Like 1

Yep, next time I get out and grab some I will shoot before/after from when I get them to after I sterilize them for aquarium use. This time of year when the wind comes mostly from the North there isn't as much as when it comes from the South in the summer. Tons of crepe myrtle though coming from our nearby bays. 

• Like 1