Thinking of getting Peacock Gudgeons

TeeJay

Hey fellow nerms...have been thinking about getting some peacock gudgeons. Have been researching care. Some say a pair is ok. Others say groups are better. Looking for personal experiences with them and the best route to go. I would like to do a pair in a ten gallon with maybe a small group of corys or other clean up crew. And help would be greatly appreciated 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 10:42 PM, AllFishNoBrakes said:

Hey @TeeJay. I’ve had my pair for probably about 6 months. Single m/f pair in a 29g with Praecox Rainbows, Glowlight Tetras, Albino Corydoras, and shrimp. They’ve done excellent for me even “competing” with the Rainbows for bloodworms. A pair has been great in my experience. 

I was thinking a pair in a 10 gal with 6 pygmy Cory's. Keep the corys small so the peacocks can be the centerpiece in the tank 

I have a pair in my 40 breeder and they’re doing amazing. They’ve actually started eating pellets regularly too so that’s a plus. They do get aggressive with colorful fish tho cause the male would always attack my most colorful female betta but not to the point where she gets injured.

If you have enough caves and hiding spots you can do 2 pairs in a 10g easily.