How do you make your own Root Tabs???

I would not attempt the ozmocote method,  it has too many risks for inhabitants and from what I've read a different fertilizer "profile" than what is needed in an aquatic system. I have heard of mixing clay with potting soil, but non of these ideas come from reputable sources. That and at some point I would imagine you would get potting soil floating in the water column. 

Edited by JoeQ

On 1/7/2023 at 11:48 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

that you can make your own

Who me? Not I...the only thing I make is Snello...there is another member Jenna, perhaps it is them. Now what would be neat to see would be plant spikes for aquariums. 

On 1/9/2023 at 5:45 PM, Rube_Goldfish said:

Easy Root Tabs have clay soil in the capsules, right?

I'm not sure what they have, in full disclosure I do use Mexican potting clay in my substrate as a root available iron source (which I have a love/hate relationship with) and like I said above it gets released into the water column at times.. I would imagine soil mixed in would make a bigger mess than clay alone .

On 1/10/2023 at 5:26 AM, JoeQ said:

I'm not sure what they have, in full disclosure I do use Mexican potting clay in my substrate as a root available iron source (which I have a love/hate relationship with) and like I said above it gets released into the water column at times.. I would imagine soil mixed in would make a bigger mess than clay alone .

I don't know why I didn't just look it up myself: "We've designed them with actual soil containing clay and many other essential minerals plants need to thrive." and

Easy Root Tabs Contain:

• Mineralized Top Soil
  • Red Clay
  • Magnesium
  • Nitrate
  • Phosphate
  • Potassium
  • Manganese
  • Zinc
  • Molybdenum
  • Iron

NPK 2.49 - 1.59  - 9.98