Beware ordering from aquahuna. (Update) They fixed the problem

GoYankees10

I’ve order from aquahuna multiple times no issue.  Last month on December 19th  I ordered 28 neon tetras and 6 ottocinlus catfish.   The tetra where fine but the Ottos ended up with ich.  Luckily they where in a quarantine tank.  I treated them but they all eventually died 36$ down the drain.   My first bad experience buying fish.  I messaged them to see if I could get some sort of credit for my next order and I got this.   I know their policy is so many days but how can you just push aside a customer that received a fish form you that died from something  that takes more than 3 days to die form  especially when the ich didn’t show up well past 3 days.  

(update) I emailed a second time and they totally took care of me     I’m not sure i got a customer service person having a bad day the first time but the second response was exactly what I thought should’ve happen  props to them   

E9605976-91E0-41D3-B2F7-1B8A90774B91.jpeg

Edited by GoYankees10
Updating
  • Like 1

May or may not be related.  AH is in the middle of moving to a new location.  I have been eyeballing an amano shrimp / fish order, but given that move I am waiting for a little while.

Sorry about your issues.  I did get Otos from them, I think I had 6 come in, 4 are doing really well.  I don't have a QT tank, so it's fantastic to know about that issue with ich you experienced if I do order some.

Hopefully next time, or the next place, you have a better experience!

On 1/7/2023 at 1:48 AM, nabokovfan87 said:

May or may not be related.  AH is in the middle of moving to a new location.  I have been eyeballing an amano shrimp / fish order, but given that move I am waiting for a little while.

Sorry about your issues.  I did get Otos from them, I think I had 6 come in, 4 are doing really well.  I don't have a QT tank, so it's fantastic to know about that issue with ich you experienced if I do order some.

Hopefully next time, or the next place, you have a better experience!

Funny thing was I was super worried about the Neon Tetras because everyone says they always have issues getting them shipped and they’re perfect.  

• Like 1

I've never had anything but wonderful experiences with them tbh. I'm not discounting your experience. I had an issue with some fish once and easily got a refund. Idk if maybe they are short staffed right now with the move and were not able to appropriately deal with it or whatever. I agree, that's not a good way to deal with the situation. If it were me I might try to email them again after the move. But that's also a month away so idk. 

• Like 1