Aquahuna Joy

Cinnebuns

I'm mixed on aquahuna; i use them often enough to know their +/-. They are far from perfect or the best stock but they are good for some things.... I guess what I'm saying is they are a store i would use but not one i would hype. Having said that i really don't like aquatic arts and i won't go into details here but I will not use them anymore.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2023 at 9:33 AM, JJenna said:

I understand that, was just offering an alternative source.

I agree. Typically when I'm debating buying stuff im comparing between the 2. Aquahuna is much cheaper shipping but aquaticarts also offers plants and snails that aquahuna doesn't. That's part of my excitement with aquahuna expanding is maybe with more options the cheaper shipping will be worth it with similar variety. 

I’ve ordered from aquahuna a few times and even with the cheap shipping, some times it isn’t worth it. I’d say it’s a 50/50. I’ve received nice fish from them, but I’ve also received deaths and just ugly specimen. Not to say, their customer service isn’t on point because it is. They rectify everything pretty quickly. When I weigh it out, spending an extra $40 to be able to keep and enjoy the best version of the species is well worth it to me. So with this, livestock is something I never cut corners on, I’ve learned that waiting is always best. It always ends up being worth it in the long run. This is by no means bashing aquahuna, I think they’re great, but so are others. 😎 Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the past 12-15 months, I've spent over $1500 at Aqua Huna & have had less than $40 in refunds for losses, so I'd call that pretty good odds.

Yes, they're usually smaller than what my LFS carries, but they're also significantly less per fish. My latest order included cardinal tetras. I'm all for supporting the LFS, but it was $2.80 vs $10 per fish. When ordering dozens, that adds up fast.

Edited by Tazalanche
  • Like 2