What type of fish What are the symptoms your seeing also with nitrates of 80ppm that can affect your fish immune system and also cause growth problems in younger fish and can you post a picture of the sick fish it will help with a diagnosis 

Edited by Colu

The nitrates are between 40ppm and 80ppm so they’re more like 60. It’s a mixed peacock African cichlid tans that pretty understocked for a cichlid setup. Most of the should by most people standards not be together but I have very little actual fighting more competing for the ladies. I’ve got 2 cobalt blue MBuna that are a matched male and female that are causing some injuries to each other I might have to give them up. 
The only affected fish is my Green Severum”Spartacus”. He has a small white parasite emerging between his 5th and 6th dorsal fin spike. He has a small white spot near his right eye as well. He’s acting and eating well. It’s my fault for neglecting my routine as I’ve been ill. I’m hoping the paracleanse and some salt will help. Maybe raise the temperature to 82%. Idk if I should dose with PolyGaurd as well or wait. Luckily I’ve only had to treat illness onceimage.jpg.eeb2f32fbb7d697264e020322644a78e.jpg before in any tank. So I don’t want to overdo it. Thank for your concern. Sorry about the quality but see the white worm like protruding between his dorsal spikes? I tried to brush it of but he was busy eating.I’ll try to get a better pic after I do the water changes.

It's difficult to see off you photo what I would do leave the temperature were it is increase water changes to keep your nitrates below 40ppm first I would add aquarium salt 1 table spoon for 2 gallons and monitor after a couple of days if your seeing no improvement up it to 1 table spoon for 1 gallon for one week if you can get a better picture it would be helpful 

Edited by Colu

On 1/5/2023 at 2:38 AM, LizLeFemme said:

Fritz A+ Aquarium Salt.

1/2 cup per 10G is what I use.

As Colu mentioned above, I would start by lowering nitrates, 50% water changes every 24-72 hours until they are low.  A healthy siphon on the gravel if need be as well and clean everything.  Might take 3-4 water changes with things that high.  When they get above 40, I tend to opt for increasing WC volume.

Sounds like it might be an anchor worm @Colu

That’s what I did. My Green Severum is my all time favorite so far in this hobby. He’s my last acquisition in a 50 year fascination with almost every kind of aquatic creature.He had a small lesion a few month’s ago. I’m thinking of restocking and getting him a mate. Thank you all for your support.