Transitioning from SeaChem Equilibrium to Salty Shrimp Mineral GH/KH+ in the shrimp tank

KittenFishMom

I started my shrimp tank as a fish tank with organic potting soil under a black sand cap. I then found Ultra Blue Dream shrimp on a local craigslist and decided shrimp would be fun to try. The water is RO water with SeaChem Equilibrium in it to remineralize the water. 

I have done some research on shrimp and ordered Salty Shrimp Mineral GH/KH+

What do you think is the best way to transition the tank from Equilibrium to GH/KH+ ? I don't want to shock the shrimp by switching too fast, but I don't want the shrimp to suffer by switching to slowly either.

I would do small water changes (5-10%) with the GH/KH+ daily or maybe twice a day.
It could help to do this changes as drip acclimation.

Not sure wat is worse for the shrimps though. A faster change (so almost a 100% but with drip acclimation) or the current water parameters.
Can't really read in your post how long they already have been in the current water parameters without KH.

On 1/4/2023 at 5:39 PM, KittenFishMom said:

@Remi de Groot I have had the shrimp 6 days. 

Note I am a Native English speaker and make spelling mistakes and typing mistakes everywhere 8-)

If it was my tank with the shrimps in it for 6 days and no problems yet i would do 10% waterchange everyday untill i got the parameters i want.

Off-topic: To be honest. I make spelling mistakes in my own language as well ;).

On 1/3/2023 at 2:41 PM, KittenFishMom said:

What do you think is the best way to transition the tank from Equilibrium to GH/KH+ ? I don't want to shock the shrimp by switching too fast, but I don't want the shrimp to suffer by switching to slowly either.

You can just setup the tank and slowly acclimate them over a few hours. Days even. Just drips over a very long period.

Beyond that. Setup the new tank, every day take a bit of water and add it to the old tank. Slowly transition them over an extended period.