Happy New Year! (I'm new here!)

itsAlex

Hi all, glad to be here. I'm a complete newbie who got into the hobby about 6 months ago. I started with a (failed) walstad attempt, before setting up the 2 tanks I have now, which are going on ~3 months strong! 

I have a 5 gal setup with my handsome betta boy, living the bachelor life.

And my second tank, a 10 gal algae farm in progress with a tiny school of ember tetras and a chonky mystery snail. 

Like some other posts I've read, I stumbled on an old video of Cory's and fell right down the rabbit hole. I'm still learning every day, and grateful to get to hear from this awesome group! 

P.s if anyone was in the New Years livestream today - yes, I am THAT Alex who kept asking for tankmates for 6 embers and a mystery snail. Still open to ideas :^)

5g.jpg

10g.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/1/2023 at 7:14 PM, itsAlex said:

s if anyone was in the New Years livestream today - yes, I am THAT Alex who kept asking for tankmates for 6 embers and a mystery snail. Still open to ideas :^)

Welcome, and you’ve got some nice looking tanks! I think a group of 6 Green neon tetras would look good with those Ember tetras. 

Also, when you’re chatting in the livestream it’s hard to get Cory interested in a question if he has done multiple videos on the subject. 

On 1/2/2023 at 7:07 PM, Patrick_G said:

Welcome, and you’ve got some nice looking tanks! I think a group of 6 Green neon tetras would look good with those Ember tetras. 

Also, when you’re chatting in the livestream it’s hard to get Cory interested in a question if he has done multiple videos on the subject. 

thanks Patrick 🙂 I would love to try green neons, I'll have to see what my lfs has in stock

and if there's a video on this subject you have in mind I would love to check it out! I probably missed it but would be cool to get Cory's opinion 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 4:36 PM, itsAlex said:

and if there's a video on this subject you have in mind I would love to check it out! I probably missed it but would be cool to get Cory's opinion 🙂

In the YouTube search try something like “stocking for 10 gallon tank” or “best fish for a 10 gallon tank”. I bet the first couple of hits will be Aquarium Co-op videos. Also check the results from Girl Talks Fish. She has the best beginner aquarium advice on the internet. 

• Like 1