Cysts/sores on my vieja zonatus

HenryC

Water is 7.6ph, hardness is about 18gh, and parameters are 0/0/40

My vieja zonatus developed these cyst like growths a week ago. At first I thought it was just a small wound from getting too rowdy with other fish but now they have grown and I see another one growing near the gills below the mouth (can see very briefly at the beginning). Also, another vieja seems to have a smaller one.

Any idea what this might be? Some kind of parasite? Viral infection? Lymphocystis?

Edited by HenryC

Could be fluid filled cyst you can also get lumps like this with viral infection like lymphocytis what I would do is add some aquarium salt 1 table for 2 gallons  if it's cyst the salt will help to reduce there size if getting worse I would do a course of maracyn2 in food the active ingredient minocycline has proven effective at shrinking some types of lumps 

IMG_20220714_201455.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 3:39 AM, Colu said:

Could be fluid filled cyst you can also get lumps like this with viral infection like lymphocytis what I would do is add some aquarium salt 1 table for 2 gallons  if it's cyst the salt will help to reduce there size if getting worse I would do a course of maracyn2 in food the active ingredient minocycline has proven effective at shrinking some types of lumps 

IMG_20220714_201455.jpg

Thanks! I will try the salt first.