New Term: Fry-Q test

Darax

A Fry-Q test is a process that determines if a fry is smart enough to live. For instance when I do a water change, fry that cannot help but swim into the tube despite my best efforts fail the fry-q test. 

A new test I'm considering is a fry sized bridge between my community tank and my common goldfish tank. I have too many guppy fry, and I hesitate to sacrifice them to the goldfish myself. If the fry makes its own bad decision, that's on the fry. 

(posted in off topic so the attempt at humor is clear) 

On 12/29/2022 at 12:52 PM, Darax said:

A Fry-Q test is a process that determines if a fry is smart enough to live. For instance when I do a water change, fry that cannot help but swim into the tube despite my best efforts fail the fry-q test. 

A new test I'm considering is a fry sized bridge between my community tank and my common goldfish tank. I have too many guppy fry, and I hesitate to sacrifice them to the goldfish myself. If the fry makes its own bad decision, that's on the fry. 

(posted in off topic so the attempt at humor is clear) 

Add a protective goldfish cage at the end of the bridge so some of the fry have a chance to learn from their mistake.

• Like 1