Whatcha get for Christmas?

Jeff

On 1/2/2023 at 8:03 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

What are you a Dickensian street urchin hoping to keep warm?  "Please sir, I just need one, small lump to make it through the night so I don't end up like the matchstick girl." 

Meanwhile, in the present day...  I got a variable magnification dissecting scope - so I can check on the quality and density of the live feeds I am starting to cultivate!  I feel like I've taken my efforts to a new level with a dedicated scope just for fussing over live feed cultures.  🤣

ice storms coming. that lump of coal might be important!:classic_cool:

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

On 12/30/2022 at 1:40 PM, lefty o said:

beater grade M1's are over a grand now. its crazy.

I've had my issued Garand for about 35 years.  It's probably what you folks are referring to as a beater, having matched numbers, but a new stock.  Paid  $125. thru the DCM.  In recent years, I found that a higher grade could have been had for a few dollars more. 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:26 PM, Jeff said:

These are probably my favorite gifts this year. How bout you?

Second favorite:  Ghosted by my family!  In fairness, they live hours away, and we had just received a White Christmas to the -nth. degree, but the Peace on Earth was wonderful.  For reference see Dropkick Murphy's "the season's upon us" on YT.

Favorite:  Finally got to choose the Christmas music and do whatever else I wanted for Christmas.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 6:32 PM, Jungle Fan said:

By the angle at which the figure holds the piece of equipment, the cumbersome looking targeting device it is looking through, and by the shape of the helmet, I would say an early Swiss shoulder launched anti-aircraft missile device.

British anti-tank weapon actually I think, but 10/10 for trying!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 10:06 AM, Rube_Goldfish said:

My family knows that fish shouldn't be an impulse purchase, but they said they couldn't resist this no-filter, no-heater nano tank for my desktop. I know it's overstocked, but the bioload is very manageable!

20230112_110050.jpg.3367e511aa52cf64c22dd654985253f9.jpg

water changes should be super easy!

• Haha 1

Late giftsfrom a favorite cousin who is apparently really good at picking out gifts! 😁

The Yeti mug by itself would have been great but I’ve been wanting the Kasselmann book for a while and I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it to her. 10/10 for gift giving!6DC28B2E-7E7C-4389-AE4A-6977840AD56D.jpeg.bf7feb0828f35299b9402699cb094845.jpeg

• Like 2