Easy green all in one/remineralize RO water?

My tap water is really hard 11 dgh with a ph of 7.4.  I am shooting for soft water with a ph under 7. 

My water in my tank after going through the R/O unit 6.4/6.5 ph. The dgh is at 3. 3 being a value I want. The kh is 1 or lower since the water changes after 1 drop.  My only concern is the low kh and possible ph fluctuations.   I am thinking about using seachem buffers such as the arowana buffer or the neutral buffer.  

I don’t want to add anymore hardness to the water while still giving the fish and plants the trace minerals they need.  

Edited by InTooDeep

2 hours ago, InTooDeep said:

My tap water is really hard 11 dgh with a ph of 7.4.  I am shooting for soft water with a ph under 7. 

My water in my tank after going through the R/O unit 6.4/6.5 ph. The dgh is at 3. 3 being a value I want. The kh is 1 or lower since the water changes after 1 drop.  My only concern is the low kh and possible ph fluctuations.   I am thinking about using seachem buffers such as the arowana buffer or the neutral buffer.  

I don’t want to add anymore hardness to the water while still giving the fish and plants the trace minerals they need.  

So long as you have at least 1 degree of carbonate hardness, your pH should remain stable.

Have you tested the water for pH, let it sit for a few days, then test it again to see if the pH fluctuates?

10 minutes ago, varanidguy said:

So long as you have at least 1 degree of carbonate hardness, your pH should remain stable.

Have you tested the water for pH, let it sit for a few days, then test it again to see if the pH fluctuates?

I test all the time and have not had any major ph swings.  Honestly the ph has been pretty stable.  

3 minutes ago, InTooDeep said:

I test all the time and have not had any major ph swings.  Honestly the ph has been pretty stable.  

You should be fine then, I wouldn't bother with a buffer as that would increase TDS unnecessarily and likely wouldn't yield the results you want.

This is also providing you're not using anything in the tank that would buffer the water itself, such as active substrate or crushed coral.