Fluval 3.0 for 10 gallon planted tank.

Cat23

I just received this light and saw it has a auto settings and lots more. I did some research videos and saw you should start the light low at first and go up to 75 for whites, and low blue, and about 50 for pink after a 4 week period.  My tank has been up since September of this year and I do have lots of plant's in it.  In order to not to burn anything that is growing higher in the tank and still get the light I need what setting should I go with for my 10 gallas tank?  I treat my tank with CO2 eveyday and put in easy green twice a week. I also have cherry shrimp and a couple of fish and 2 snails.  I had posted questions about my tank and with the help of some I was able to plant some plants correct and was told this light is the best. 

16720019933988659957051873051486.jpg

On 12/26/2022 at 10:18 AM, anewbie said:

On my 10 (pictured) I have the following setting:

100% white; 82 red/yellow/ 74 blue white 22 blue - this was just some default setting but it isn't a very powerful light:

xqq.jpg.8d8a666e419e9e5c9e11cd09e6aa172f.jpg

This is actually an extremely powerful light which I wasn't happy with on my 10g. And even on my 36g at 21" deep I'm only running it on 35 to 38 percent power. For smaller tanks I'd go with the aquasky.  In the example above,  if anewbie didn't have that wall of rotala, at 100% I think they would be having troubles. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/26/2022 at 12:50 PM, JoeQ said:

This is actually an extremely powerful light which I wasn't happy with on my 10g. And even on my 36g at 21" deep I'm only running it on 35 to 38 percent power. For smaller tanks I'd go with the aquasky.  In the example above,  if anewbie didn't have that wall of rotala, at 100% I think they would be having troubles. 

As someone who has used more powerful lights we will simply have to agree to disagree. Also it isn't a wall of rotala... it is pearl weed....

On 12/26/2022 at 2:45 PM, anewbie said:

As someone who has used more powerful lights we will simply have to agree to disagree. Also it isn't a wall of rotala... it is pearl weed....

My bad! But, I think we can both agree that the forum software needs to stop automatically shrinking and cropping pics!