Greetings from the Arctic Wastelands of South Dakota

arjin101

Merry Christmas!  I have been keeping aquariums on and off since I was 8 years old, during my prime I had roughly 1500 gallons of water ranging from bettas to a reef tank (I was an aquatics manager at a LFS to feed my addiction). I was also a mod on a fish keeping board during that time.  Over the last few years I have been on a hiatus. Unfortunately while surfing youtube (the rabbit holes have a strong pull) I ran across one of Cory's videos.  I got sucked back in. 

So now I am in the process of acquiring a tank and equipment.  As the title says I live in SD so the LFS options are minimal. I plan on starting small unless I can talk the wife into a bigger tank.  I am going to probably start with a 10ish gallon low tech planted with some nano fish.  I seem to have fallen for shrimp (Neocardia sp) and chili rasboras (Boraras brigittae). In the future I would like to get back into breeding.

In real life I am a nurse (cardio/pulmonary and oncology) I am married and my wife and I had an amazing baby girl (my possible "in" for getting a bigger tank - insert diabolical laughter here) about 6 months ago.  I love hunting, fishing, camping, bushcraft, hiking and amateur radio.  I am also a nerd at heart so all the geeky sci-fi, fantasy; games (board and pen and paper. Not so much the video games), shows, movies etc is my jam. 

I tend to lurk more then chat until I am more comfortable.  It amazes me how much the hobby has changed so I will have a lot of re-learning to do.  I appreciate all the good information and look forward to enjoying the hobby again with y'all!!

• Like 3