Share an unknown talent

nabokovfan87

I don’t have any musical talent myself except that I can really hear when something or someone is off pitch, when a piano or guitar is out of tune, etc.  I couldn’t tell you the note but when it’s off pitch it really grates on my ear.  Even when it’s different musical scales, I can tell when a note is off pitch, it just doesn’t sound right.

I’m pretty fast on my 4 wheeler (not a 4x4, a heavily modded {barely anything stock}, racing style 4 wheeler) but not as fast as my hubby.

I can do a few stupid human tricks on my jetski.  Heavily modded (sounding familiar?) 1994 squarenose, which is a type of standup jetski from Yamaha.  The hull is still somewhat stock. The engine mounts are OEM because nobody has come up with better.  The rest is, well, . . . . definitely not stock.  😀 

I’m also a pretty good shot with my paintball marker (as accurate as the paint allows).  I really love taking out the young whippersnappers that think they’re hot stuff using their electrics.  Then the fat old lady comes along using her favorite pump gun and takes them out.  😃  I have an electric, just barely ever use it.  I loan it out to friends far more than I use it.  I hardly even use my beautiful, pink, Predator autococker.  Good old Empire Sniper is my go to gun, but it is acid wash purple - very pretty!

My secret superpower is finding small parts my husband has dropped in the garage.  Plus sometimes other types of things he’s lost in the house, car, garage - like keys, wallet, reading glasses, etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/21/2022 at 1:37 PM, SugarBassJoe said:

Any fellow bassist/harmonicist's?

I'm more of a cacophonist than a harmonicist.  I can play it but not well enough that anybody would consider it talent. 

On 12/21/2022 at 9:32 PM, drewzero1 said:

I've forgotten what little bass I ever knew, but still play my harmonicas pretty regularly. It's my only instrument a 2 year old can easily play so they get a lot of play time from both of us. (Though he's got his own accordion now and is learning to make some noise...

I've forgotten how to read music.  As a child, accordions were big in my community due to a local children's morning tv show. My accordion lessons ended when the accordion "school" insisted that my parents buy an instrument that they could not afford and I could barely lift!  Years later I began playing with the harmonica because it fit in my pocket or backpack.

Do either of you have any idea where I would send a Hohner Chromatica for professional cleaning/repair?  Mine has sentimental value but it has been suggested that it would be far cheaper to replace it.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, Tanked said:

Do either of you have any idea where I would send a Hohner Chromatica for professional cleaning/repair?  Mine has sentimental value but it has been suggested that it would be far cheaper to replace it.

Good question. I've had mine apart a few times for cleaning, and the reeds definitely could use more attention. They're out of tune but as a family heirloom I'd rather not risk messing around.

Edited by drewzero1
  • Like 2