I need to talk Killifish, NERMs

Fish Folk

Just enjoying some lovely Killifish breeding videos. These are long videos. I like to take time and really soak things all in.

This first one from Gianne (Inglorious Bettas) is a delightful watch. Lots of information. Bad background noise . . . a bit chaotic, everyone talking over each other, but still so fun!

Now, for a bit for intense project, check this Killifish room out! Jeremy Basch, serious Killi breeder...

And here is some real, sweet experience . . .

• Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 8:53 AM, OnlyGenusCaps said:

Fair enough.  But annuals, though really interesting, are not my sort of thing.  I don't even buy petunias and marigolds for the garden.  😜

The idea of Annuals baffled me too. But then I bought these and never looked back…

• Love 2

On 12/22/2022 at 6:40 AM, Fish Folk said:

The idea of Annuals baffled me too. But then I bought these and never looked back…

I wasn’t down with annuals either but then something in my brain clicked and I realized that although annual fish mean that I’ll lose my fish every year it also means I get to try new fish every year. For a casual breeder that’s an almost endless supply of new species. 

Also this! 😁

63D73514-DA90-4ED7-AF4A-ACBD93BF9433.jpeg

Edited by Patrick_G
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

On 12/22/2022 at 7:35 AM, Patrick_G said:

I wasn’t down with annuals either but then something in my brain clicked and I realized that although annual fish mean that I’ll lose my fish every year it also means I get to try new fish every year. For a casual breeder that’s an almost endless supply of new species. 

That's basically my logic too. It meant that if they weren't my thing, then in a year I can just get a different fish. A bit less of a long term commitment when you only really have one tank to keep fish in.

Edited by Schuyler
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...