can albino corys breed with other corys?

dualitypariah

So i have two albino corys in a tank and last night I saw one of them holding eggs the she put them on a rock. I was hoping the other cory was male but this morning i saw her holding eggs and she put them on same rock. my question is are there other corys I could introduce other than albino that they will breed with?

Yes, I had a whole thing on this. Basically there are a few, but its not reccomended purpously hybridizing corydoras. If you want more to breed just get albinos or bronzes, DONT PURPOUSLY HYBRIDIZE! it ruins fish. (That being said many fish in the hobby are hybrids (Such as the platy (A hybrid of Xiphohporus Variatus, Helleri, and Maculatus))

On 12/15/2022 at 10:33 AM, Theplatymaster said:

That being said many fish in the hobby are hybrids (Such as the platy (A hybrid of Xiphohporus Variatus, Helleri, and Maculatus))

I may be wrong, but I think the reason cory hybrids are frowned upon more than others is because they tend to be less healthy. Same with gollies and muppies. Whereas other hybrid species offspring can lead a healthy life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1