Fluval E300 Displaying Weird.

Sean

Hey All, just looking to see if anyone has seen this with the Fluval E series heaters? This thing recently started displaying the characters all cray cray. I did have it set in Fahrenheit and set to 76 degrees but now no matter how I try to change it, the characters are just all over the damn place, meaning they are totally unreadable. I can't tell what temp it's set to or at.

I tried unplugging for a while and re-plugging. It doesn't seem to indicate a way to force reset or anything and the interwebs has nothing on this behavior. It appears to be an alien language?...I knew it Fluval!!

At this time I am figuring this thing might be toast which sucks because I have only had it for 9 months. Any thoughts, prayers or condolences always appreciated LOL!

IMG_2396.jpeg

• Administrators

I am not familiar with that heater (I know of them, but have never used one). However, it may be that the screen is just giving out. I know that when I have seen this in other electronics (LCD screens), gently pressing on it displays more of the characters. Maybe try to gently press on the screen to see if any more of the characters appear. If so, you'll know that it is just the screen display. Otherwise, add a thermometer to the tank and monitor to see if it stays in the desired range (if you want to keep using the heater).

Keep in mind that most aquarium heaters only last for a couple of years on average before they start to go bad. Good to have a backup just in case. 

On 12/14/2022 at 2:18 PM, Sean said:

At this time I am figuring this thing might be toast which sucks because I have only had it for 9 months. Any thoughts, prayers or condolences always appreciated LOL!

Get it replaced with warranty then.  Your electronics are failing.

LED / LCD displays like that having failures means there's a loose wire on the board or a chip that isn't working right.  You can try to dry it out completely (maybe condensation), but I have had 5-7 of these things and ran them for years without issues.  Just get it replaced. You'll thank yourself.

Also, welcome to the forums! 🙂

• Thanks 1