It's too many and not enough at the same time 😅😅

Ah, the magic number! 

I’ve got: 

One 20g long

One 20g tall

One 29g 

One 10g shrimp only

One 110 stock tank pond

all up and running. Stored away I have three more 10g  and a few 5g, That I use for growing out babies, or for QT as needed. 

• Like 2

What I have currently set up:

93 cube, just re-scaped, going to be a Lake Tanganyika tank

75 gallon discus

4x 40 breeders

4x 20 tall 

rack with 12x 10 gallon

Sitting empty now, used either as a quarantine or other uses: 4x 10 gallon, a couple five gal, 2x 2.5 gal, a 55, and 150 gallon stock tank that is set up in spring outside

On 12/15/2022 at 6:28 AM, PineSong said:

Wow!

Tell me about it! haha

Friend from high school messaged me about them last week.  Wife said she didn't care, which is wild.  She must want something. 😄

They all have stands and (mostly new within the last year) filters.  $350 for the whole ball of wax.

Edited by jwcarlson
  • Love 1

On 12/15/2022 at 12:12 AM, TheSwissAquarist said:

65 gal Cabomba forest

I am so jealous!  I have always loved cabomba, and I can't keep it alive for love or money.  If I could keep only one plants, it would be that one.  Sadly, no.

Oh and for the original question: I have 9 tanks, 5 of them are 20gal for breeding or QT.  Those are the smallest, and the largest (empty right now) is a 300. 

How will I count my various containers I have planned for rearing live foods, like phytoplankton, copepods, rotifers, etc?  If they are in glass boxes does it count?  How about equivalently sized plastic pretzel tubs?  Where is the line between a "nano tank" and a jar? 

I have 12 running tanks. 
The boxes with water and living things…. Over spring summer and fall most of my window ledges are filled with them housing seed shrimp, snails, scuds, plants etc. 

I have about 20-25 live culture boxes with water and dirt or potato’s if that counts and usually live brine shrimp 🤣

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 10:25 PM, dangerflower said:

Word. 😂

I have 4. 

10g half-cylinder, snails & 2 baby Corys. Soon to add neocaridinas.

29g community 

20g long, just has 4 fish, still trying to decide what to do with it. 

5g snails & plants. Might take it to work & do something interesting with it. 

I want to do a couple tanks at work (I own a small shop). It has concrete floors, so I could theoretically do something big (goals). I just need to figure out where; there's not a lot of space. 

I have a 12'x16' shed, all finished out like a tiny home. It's plumbed & wired but not hooked up to water & power currently. When that happens, it will be my "fish room" & I can do as much as I want in there (dreams). 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Currently four: 40 breeder molly and banjo cat community; 20 long WCMM unheated species tank; 5 gallon saltwater tank; and a 1 gallon pickle jar with cherry shrimp and my lone Endler fry.

Ideally I'd like to get down to three again, it was a good healtthy number.

Edited by drewzero1

On 12/15/2022 at 12:25 AM, dangerflower said:

I felt this in my soul.

Also kudos to all of you who have tanks being unused or for 'just in case' scenarios. I try to keep those but somehow they always end up getting filled...

I'm officially up to... 36... I don't have a problem, you have a problem. 😭

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm coming up to a year in this hobbie, in this time I have accumulated...

47 bow front that has penguine tetras, male swordtails and 2 mystery snail.

A 30 gallon with a male lyretail gold dust molly with a female gold molly and 2 dalmation Molly's, 6 orange venezuelan Cory's.

20 high with a bunch of sword tail juveniles headed to the LFS

20 high with bunch of baby swords and baby mystery snails.

20 high with 4 juvenile gold Molly's, 2 dalmation and a mystery snail.

37 with my big red wag male sword, 3 girls for him, a bunch of mystery snails, 3 venezuelan Cory's and one long finned pepper cory.             ( beautiful fish but they were in rough shape when I got them, only one survived.)

10 gallon with venezuelan cory babies 

5 gallon with 2 of my molly culls( daughters tank she wanted to save the fish) 

A glass gallon jug,  I guess its the walstad method,with a lone bladder snail. 

All the tanks are planted , some are balanced out others are not. What a fun hobby.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2022 at 1:38 PM, castiel said:

one gallon pickle jar with an airstone and a bunch of moss

Do you have any photos of the pickle jar? I'd love to see it!

I have:
1 gallon jararium water garden - with a Blue Ramshorn snail & hitchhiking pond/bladder snails 
2 gallon jararium water garden - also with a Blue Ramshorn & pond/bladder snails (hoping to add a couple shrimp soon)
14 gallon cube tank waiting to be set up - I'm just gathering everything slowly after picking it up during the holidays when it was 50% off20230128_110357.jpg.25d309377bfaab21e46370732efda7cc.jpg

Edited by CJhilljack
added answer

On 1/28/2023 at 3:09 PM, CJhilljack said:

Do you have any photos of the pickle jar? I'd love to see it!

I have:
1 gallon jararium water garden - with a Blue Ramshorn snail & hitchhiking pond/bladder snails 
2 gallon jararium water garden - also with a Blue Ramshorn & pond/bladder snails (hoping to add a couple shrimp soon)
14 gallon cube tank waiting to be set up - I'm just gathering everything slowly after picking it up during the holidays when it was 50% off20230128_110357.jpg.25d309377bfaab21e46370732efda7cc.jpg

I've done some work on the pickle jar since posting but yes! 

1 gallon pickle jar - added an amazon sword (already regret it due to the size but I'm just gonna see what happens) added more gravel and a fert tab, reworked the airline so there's less flow, and replanted the piece of pearlweed that isn't visible at this angle. Ignore the clump of hair algae up top I need to put it through reverse resperation to try and salvage some of the plant matter but there's so many baby snails in it I haven't had the heart yet. Home to a random number of MTS, Ramshorn, and bladder snails. 

1 gallon Walstad cookie jar - The pearlweed has been taking off and I've had to thin out the duckweed several times. Home to a pair of MTS and at least a pair of bladder snails. 

image.png.1d7fbe52bed7f6dbb8199357b587ccea.png

image.png.6bce9c4b79802c3f7423f1ef0c7f4864.png