The endler guy

Clown plecos are pretty awesome, just require wood in the tank.  I don't know what twig cats require specifically, but they do have a lot of requirements.

For the sake of ease, I'd lean you towards a pleco, especially a nice looking one that is interesting to you.

The two I have are an L104 or L134 (hard to tell) and an L162 pleco (could be an L204 too).

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 8:50 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Clown plecos are pretty awesome, just require wood in the tank.  I don't know what twig cats require specifically, but they do have a lot of requirements.

For the sake of ease, I'd lean you towards a pleco, especially a nice looking one that is interesting to you.

The two I have are an L104 or L134 (hard to tell) and an L162 pleco (could be an L204 too).

i like clown plecos because they are small and look nice, plecos arent my favorite fish, but I do have to say they look pretty cool! But then twig catfish also look really cool! next time I go to my lfs my plan is to see the pricings/ what they have then get their opinion, but as it stands now if there is even the slightest reason to go pleco im going pleco, last thing I want is to harm fish!

Yeah, my clowns were dirt cheap and they just life their lives and do their thing. I am pretty sure I have two females just based on bodyshape.  It's weird locally here where they bring in one and not a tank of them so you just sort of get whatever random L number they have and it's called "clown pleco".

• Haha 1

Pleco tend to be more robust; twig cat more elegant; pleco eat more (some more greens other more meat depending on species); if you want a cheap twig like fish there are red lizard cat fish (aquahuana sell them relatively cheap); but they are not really a 'natural' fish or so the rumours go.... if that matter... 

Don't take the robustness thing lightly as Farlowella like otto really require  a mature aquarium with lots of biofilm... and very clean water. Soft and acidic is always a big bonus with these. Most (not all) species of pleco are more tolerant of harder and dirty water and more willing to eat more robust food like zuc or shrimp pellets.

Twiggy are amusing but do them justice and give them a proper home.

Edited by anewbie
  • Like 2

On 12/2/2022 at 8:58 PM, nabokovfan87 said:

Yeah, my clowns were dirt cheap and they just life their lives and do their thing. I am pretty sure I have two females just based on bodyshape.  It's weird locally here where they bring in one and not a tank of them so you just sort of get whatever random L number they have and it's called "clown pleco".

Will clowns eat broad leafed plants like swords? (I’ve heard about bnp eating them)

Edited by Aiden Carter