Sick Gourami

andpa

I noticed a couple of days ago that my gourami was starting to have a white eye. I assumed something happened to it and it wasn’t a big deal, I mean all of my other fish are acting fine. Now I am noticing that it is laying on the bottom of the tank. It is very lethargic. I haven’t added anything new into my tank except for snails last week and some ghost shrimp the week before. About a month ago I noticed one of my other fish had swimmer bladder issues but that has since cleared and I only mention because I’m not sure if there is some connection. If it’s just it’s time then that is fine, however I do not what it to have something contagious and wipe out my tank. Within the picture you can see his white eye 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’ll have to check my water parameters when I get home, but it doesn’t really swim much and when it does it just swims by and lays down again. I didn’t see it eat last night so I’m not sure if it spits out food, and it seems to have a bulge around what I would presume is it’s stomach.

On 11/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, andpa said:

I’ll have to check my water parameters when I get home, but it doesn’t really swim much and when it does it just swims by and lays down again. I didn’t see it eat last night so I’m not sure if it spits out food, and it seems to have a bulge around what I would presume is it’s stomach.

It difficult to no for sure what's going on without your water parameters usually cloudy eye can be caused by poor water quality or an injury to the eye the fact that other fish previously had swim bladder issues point to a water quality issue such as high levels of nitrates can effect fish's swim bladders this could be causing the buoyancy issues your gourami has

Edited by Colu