Help with Dwarf Lily bulb

These are days 5 and 9 of the bulb in my tank (they uploaded in reverse order). The green plants I got at the same time are doing great. Is there something I should do? Is it my tank? Is it a lost cause? 

20201031_151043.jpg

20201027_172725.jpg

Edited by Colleen
Picture order didnt match text

Looks like fungal/mold growth, new driftwood gets a similar thing when put in water. In my experience, when bulbs get this it means they're dead, rotting, and won't grow. 

You might want to take it out and give it a squeeze to see if it is rotting/dead - if it feels soft/spongy, it's probably rotten all through and never going to grow. If it is rotten, it was probably not viable when you got it, so it's nothing you did wrong. (not to say anything bad about the seller. Most sellers note that they don't guarantee the bulbs will sprout. If you bought this from co-op, I've no idea what their policy is) Some bulbs just don't make it through the dormancy period in the bag they're sold in, just like when you plant tulip bulbs, they don't always all grow come spring time. 

If it doesn't feel rotten (as in, it still feels firm when you squeeze it), I would give it a rinse and a scrub to get the mold growth off, then put it back in the tank and leave it alone for a few weeks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My bulb did the same in the first week. Not to that extent though. Just a touch of fungus. I pulled it out and cleaned off the fungus from the surface as soon as I noticed it and it didn't return. As bad as yours looks, I am thinking it might be too late.

• Thanks 1