GBR Eggs Fertalized?

NOLANANO

So I’ve read that if the eggs turn white then they aren’t fertile. Would these be considered white eggs?

if so, is there anything I can do to help them in the future?

if they are good eggs and they hatch, what do I feed them? I have frozen daphnia, would that work?

1AD86F6E-C312-48E5-8FD0-6DF892643AE6.jpeg

On 11/29/2022 at 12:06 PM, NOLANANO said:

So I’ve read that if the eggs turn white then they aren’t fertile. Would these be considered white eggs?

if so, is there anything I can do to help them in the future?

if they are good eggs and they hatch, what do I feed them? I have frozen daphnia, would that work?

1AD86F6E-C312-48E5-8FD0-6DF892643AE6.jpeg

Yes the white eggs you see are not fertilized and will fungus up. There is really nothing you could do with helping because it is the male who fertilizes the eggs, if the pair is still young it will take the male a couple more tries to getting better at fertilizing the eggs. The best thing you could do is just leave it in with the parents and see how they raise up the eggs or eat them. If they do hatch and start free swimming feed them tiny foods like hikari first bites, strained boiled egg water, or micro worms, daphnia might be a bit too big for them to consume until they grow a little bigger.

• Thanks 1