Staghorn problems

matt

I have been fighting   the Staghorn battle. I thought I won when I took out all the fish, and removed all the plants and washed them in 20:1 chlorox (which is 6% sodium hypochlorite before dilution) dip then a neutralizing dip made from high concentrate SAFE (seachem).  full water change, replamned  everything, Treated water everyday with Easycarbon 2 pumps. But I have noticed it slowly returning. So I have been administering the 2 pumps Easy Carbon via a syringe and a 25 gauge 7" spinal needle to spot treat the worst spots. I don't think I can spot treat the whole aquarium with only 2mls/day.
Can I use API algeafix also at 2mls/day in conjunction with the glutaraldehyde?
I know you sit has been discussed you  can  could spot treat with 3% HOOH. How many mls HOOH can I use per day to eradicate this infestation?
PS I also have an 11w UVC light in the hang on the back filter to kill algae also.

Any helpful hints would be appreciated...

Staghorn algae is a result of poor water flow in the tank and could often be fixed with a simple airstone or sponge filter. You might not need a sponge filter if you can move your filter to make more flow in the tank. If you are going the sponge filter route, be sure  to put an airstone inside so you will not hear a whole lot  of gurgling  noises. Also some algae eaters like Amano shrimp might help but you should not go that way until you figure out what is causing the problem for example a waste or nutrient deficiency or too much lighting.  

If algae fix works for you, by all means use it but I prefer a more natural fix. I find that algae fix does not work and is a waste of money because something like an algae eater does a much better job and does not introduce a chemical into your tank that your fish is not used to. Chemicals like algae fix can add a layer of stress to your fish. I know staghorn algae is hard to get rid of but have you tried hydrogen peroxide in a pipette? The youtube channel 'girl talks fish' put out a video on algae today that I think would be beneficial to you because it has a lot of good methods of getting rid of algae .