Python comparison question

starsman20

I mentioned to my wife I wanted a python and when she was getting dog food at a bbs she got me their version.   50 ft (i need all of that) .  It connects fine and I can't find any air leaks but it barely sucks and once the hose is full ut stops.  Tbe tanks are at the same height as the sink.  Is the bbs knockoff the same as the real thing and should I try thereal python?  Or is there something else to try.  Id really like to not haul buckets any more.  

Are you keeping the water flowing at the tap while draining your tank? My sink didn't have enough flow and i had to use a utility sink in my Mud Room. 

I ultimately don't like it for cleaning the tank and i just use the gravel vac into a bathtub. I only hook it up to fill the tanks back up. I hate carrying the buckets! 🙂 

For about the same price I got a Smart Pond pump at lowes, some tubing, and a Upetools gravel vac on amazon. I really think that combination beats the python system for several reasons. I really like the gravel vac. For vacuuming, I can use the that into a 5 gallon bucket. I can either dump the bucket (if I have too much junk that I don't want going into the sink), or I can vac into the bucket while pumping it into the sink. Or pump water directly to the sink if I just want a water change. When filling, I put a 5 gallon bucket in the sink, get the water to the right temp and treat it with prime, then pump it into the tank. 

I have a few pond pumps i can use. In fact for filling i have been using them to pump ro water that i treat from 5 gallon buckets to the tanks.   Its the carrying the old water I'm not too keen on. I may try pumping from the dirty bucket to the sink just to see if it's workable.