Feeding African Dwarf Frogs while on Vacation

Bonnieandclint

We have a few 5-6 day trips coming up and have 3 frogs. Can we get away with putting in a blood worm cube before we leave and maybe have someone come by and put in another halfway through our trip? What do you do for your froggie friends while on vacation

We've only had ours for about 2 months, and they aren't chubby

My Mum only feeds her ADF every other day. They often go on 3-4 day trips with someone going over to the house once to feed them (and other creatures). They do just fine. 🙂 

I would only be concerned about leaving too much food in the tank that an rot and cause an ammonia spike making them sick. Better to be hungry than dead. 

On 11/29/2022 at 10:34 AM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

My Mum only feeds her ADF every other day. They often go on 3-4 day trips with someone going over to the house once to feed them (and other creatures). They do just fine. 🙂 

I would only be concerned about leaving too much food in the tank that an rot and cause an ammonia spike making them sick. Better to be hungry than dead. 

Thats a good point - I'll cut a frozen cube in half. There are 3 of them so they can eat half easily. If they were older I'd consider not feeding but they are pretty young still. I hadnt thought about the ammonia!