Flying fox tail rot?

Cinnebuns

I just got this siamese flying fox a few days ago. I have been sick for 2 days so haven't been able to watch it much. I just noticed it's tail looks bad. Possible fin rot or possible nipping from others?  Maybe both?  Maybe from previous tank mates even. The store said it's been in there for a long time. 

Sorry I don't actually have parameters right now because I'm still really sick in bed. Been sick 6x times this year and my body isn't tolerating it well anymore. I can probably grab them tomorrow. 

Other tank mates:  female guppies, forktail blue-eyed rainbow fish, snails

20T tank. Tank has a slight amount of salt in it left over from treating a couple of weeks ago but have done some water changes since. 

@Colu

20221127_202941.jpg

20221127_202948.jpg

Definitely fin rot it's close to  body so I would be worried about it turning into body rot so if you can catch him I would and treat with kanaplex and salt if you can't catch him then I would treat the main tank if it spreads to the body I would then treat with kanaplex and Jungle fungus clear fizz tab's following this treatment plan @Cinnebuns

IMG_20220714_201545.jpg

Edited by Colu

On 11/28/2022 at 6:15 AM, Colu said:

Definitely fin rot it's close to  body so I would be worried about it turning into body rot so if you can catch him I would and treat with kanaplex and salt if you can't catch him then I would treat the main tank if it spreads to the body I would then treat with kanaplex and Jungle fungus clear fizz tab's following this treatment plan @Cinnebuns

IMG_20220714_201545.jpg

I'm gonna see if I can order kanaplex and jungle fungus but is there something I have one hand that can help it now?  I have general cure, paracleanse and maracyn oxy. Maybe my LFS has some of the other stuff I can grab but otherwise I'm gonna have to wait for a delivery. 

Oh also, is it by chance NOT snail safe. I kinda would love if it wasn't cause I could dip some plants in that I wanna get rid of snails on anyway lol I've been quarenting some plants from one tank to another lately. 

Edited by Cinnebuns

On 11/28/2022 at 3:46 PM, Cinnebuns said:

I'm gonna see if I can order kanaplex and jungle fungus but is there something I have one hand that can help it now?  I have general cure, paracleanse and maracyn oxy. Maybe my LFS has some of the other stuff I can grab but otherwise I'm gonna have to wait for a delivery. 

Oh also, is it by chance NOT snail safe. I kinda would love if it wasn't cause I could dip some plants in that I wanna get rid of snails on anyway lol I've been quarenting some plants from one tank to another lately. 

Paracleanse and general cure won't treat fin rot maracyn oxy is more of an antifungal treatment  it treats some types bacteria from what I have read it's isn't a very effective treatment for fin rot nitrofurazone isn't snail safe I have used it and it didn't do anything to my bladder or Malaysian trumpet in my tank that I noticed  if your local store has maracyn2 and salt that would be an effective treatment combination if it starts spreading to the body then you want to treat with kanaplex and Jungle fungus clear fizz tab's 

Edited by Colu
  • Thanks 1