HELP MY FISH ARE TEARING EACH OTHER APART

iwanttostayanonymous 92074

On 11/26/2022 at 5:47 PM, Hally M. said:

What’s the behavior look like that your experiencing? 

I’m intrigued haha!! I didn’t know guppies could be aggressive like that. Are you sure they’re all males?

All four are males. They are nipping the sides and tail of the guppy. I think it’s unusual that three are just beating the one up but not each other. 

On 11/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, Patrick_G said:

So sorry! It sounds like he might need to go back to the store. Sometimes male guppies get along great and sometimes they fight. If you really want to keep this one you might try adding 2-3 more to spread out the aggression. 

I’m not entirely sure what to do because the 3 of the guppies are all just picking on the one yellow guppy. They aren’t attacking each other just ganging up on one.

As has been said, sometimes fish single out another fish and they are the target. It happens- fish have their heirarchy too. Also when fish are sick they get singled out and picked on so this can also be a factor. I suspect in this case it's just male Guppy behavior. I have one of 3 of mine that gets picked on more often than the other two- he often has a ripped tail. I suspect part of this is because not long ago I lost one of the 4 so their dynamics are off. There is no reasoning with it. He'll need to go back to the store/get rehomed in this case it's probably the best option for all of them. 

On 11/26/2022 at 3:02 PM, Patrick_G said:

one you might try adding 2-3 more to spread out the aggression

This is also an option if your tank can handle it. (there's no guarantee it will work though)

Edited by xXInkedPhoenixX
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 6:59 PM, xXInkedPhoenixX said:

Also when fish are sick they get singled out and picked on so this can also be a factor

I think that was the case because once I buy my guppy back into the tank closely watching it, he was up in the corner not acting or looking like he usually does. Sadly he did pass away last night. His tail looked all beat up with little tears staring at the end of the tail.

9DAB2AF4-D337-4E94-A76B-E5E6B400043F.jpeg