33G long aquascape inspiration??

NofishB4

So 3 months ago my friend asked me for help setting up a tank for her 13 year old. Originally she only wanted a 10G but I brow beat her into a standard 20G. Fast forward 4 months and that 20G  is thriving but the moderate planting we did exploded and she feels the tank looks too full (it is at least 80% planted). C does not want to thin out any of his plants as he loves how happy his fish are but does feel like they are a bit cramped (he has 8 espei, 10 green neons, and 8 khuli loaches)

His mom bought him a 33L for Xmas and we would love to see some our your low tech, easy to maintain scapes. We will be transferring mostly various species of crypts, an aponogeton crispus,  2 different species stem plants and a couple anubias.  I believe we are going to ditch his water lettuce in such a short tank.  Maybe go with red root or salvinia.  

On 11/24/2022 at 7:07 PM, NofishB4 said:

His mom bought him a 33L for Xmas and we would love to see some our your low tech, easy to maintain scapes. We will be transferring mostly various species of crypts, an aponogeton crispus,  2 different species stem plants and a couple anubias.  I believe we are going to ditch his water lettuce in such a short tank.  Maybe go with red root or salvinia.  

Talk about a DREAM setup.  I really love those dimensions.  What a fun set of tanks to keep.

I would have Salvinia on the top.   I would vote blackwater?  Does that make sense for the species in question?

I would try to find a good piece of "log" style wood like this one, potentially something that sticks up and out of the tank but not too massive.  I think 33long is a "delicate" tank and having a simple scape, fine branches does really well.  Manzanita basically. "Bottom up" scape, but moreso a scape where the branches give movement across the length of that tank.

Edited by nabokovfan87
  • Like 3