One of these things is not like the others...

jwcarlson

Got a shipment of Celestial Pearl Danios from Aqua Huna this morning.  

After acclimation we dumped them into a net and released them.  Lights killed so hard to see.  My daughter said "one of them was upside down".  Thinking maybe he died I said we'll look later.  Gave them a few hours and turned lights on, couldn't find the last fish.  Finally got a glimpse of him up top. 

Picture is terrible, but is it a Pacific Blue Eyes?  He has fins on top about equal to on bottom when he is fanned out, which is why my daughter thought he was upside down.  He has spent most of his time right in the boil of the sponge filter. 

That's not poop coming out of him, but some debris. 

20221123_110130.jpg.6d6dbe5e45c79b5e5ca0ee7e5ad4d8cf.jpg

On 11/23/2022 at 6:19 PM, jwcarlson said:

Got a shipment of Celestial Pearl Danios from Aqua Huna this morning.  

After acclimation we dumped them into a net and released them.  Lights killed so hard to see.  My daughter said "one of them was upside down".  Thinking maybe he died I said we'll look later.  Gave them a few hours and turned lights on, couldn't find the last fish.  Finally got a glimpse of him up top. 

Picture is terrible, but is it a Pacific Blue Eyes?  He has fins on top about equal to on bottom when he is fanned out, which is why my daughter thought he was upside down.  He has spent most of his time right in the boil of the sponge filter. 

That's not poop coming out of him, but some debris. 

20221123_110130.jpg.6d6dbe5e45c79b5e5ca0ee7e5ad4d8cf.jpg

Looks like a rainbow fish to me, potentially Pseudomugil Furcatus. Can you get any better pics? Then run them through Google Image Search and see what comes up.

Edited by TheSwissAquarist
Random stuff
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So is this poor little fella going to hate his life if he lives it out with CPDs?  He seems pretty happy and bold, not like he's scared or anything.  He sometimes schools with the CPDs.  The reading I've done seems to indicate he's OK at the 74 degrees I'm keeping the CPDs at.  Otherwise I could get a few more of his type, but not sure if I want more than 6 CPDs + this guy in a 10 gallon, do I?  Also shrimp in the tank.