Help! Betta has stringy poop that doesn't drop

Hudson

Recently, I noticed my Betta having long stringy poop that seems to stay attached for hours or sometimes a full day. He seems to be acting fine, not hiding much more than usual. I did introduce some new plants to the tank recently. Temp 75, ph 7.3.  

Any help 🙏 appreciated!

20221118_130935.jpg

On 11/19/2022 at 12:32 AM, Hudson said:

I have noticed a bit of a swollen belly and he occasionally spits out food then eats it. No other symptoms 

20221108_200627.jpg

I would just monitor him closely for the next week if you notice any other symptoms report back bloating is really common in Betta's it usually diet related I would feed him some live or frozen daphnia for a couple days to see if the bloating goes down 

mostly the betta pro fish patties, hes always loved them and there about half the size of the extreme ones that were a bit too big for him to eat, twice a day small portions. Also frozen brine shrimp every week or so to change it up.

16689080111014708753612795728561.jpg

Potentially add in some rest days. at least one a week.  I would hold food back for ~3-5 days until you see a little improvement on the swelling. 

Salt might help push some of that, but more likely doing epsom salt baths is the route to go if you don't see improvement.

Please be sure to incorporate some spirulina or brine shrimp to help the betta clean it's system out. At least 2-3 feedings a week.

Often you'll find that in the food / betta pellets, but just something to look out for when you're having some bloat.